Wednesday, July 8, 2026

Woman sewing, 1870

Engraving of a Victorian-era woman sitting at a sewing machine on a table

   I just can't resist the sewing images I sometimes come across. It's the closest I get to working a sewing machine, if I were being honest!

  These images come from a French printing catalogue circa 1870. The title of the catalogue is "Fonderie de Renault et Robcis : fantaisies, caractères de labeurs, fleurons et vignettes". I know what about half those words mean, but I still had a blast browsing through the pages...

Image from a French printer's catalogue circa 1870 of a sewing machine on a table

  Of course, the sewing-themed ones caught my eye. I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do!

  These images are all well into the public domain and free to use. Click an image for a larger version and then save it to your computer. Enjoy! 





You may also like...









 

No comments:

Post a Comment